Much like our Rupu earrings, but in a unclosed hoop form. Minimalist hoops with a twist.
How product is made
Process: Each piece is handcrafted in the Philippines.
Material: This piece is made of brass.
Brass is a natural and sustainable earth-derived material. An affordable alternative to gold that has a luxurious look and feel.
How to use
STORE YOUR PIECES
Your Golden Monstera pieces can definitely be worn anytime, anywhere. Even in the ocean. But to maintain its cleanliness and shine, be sure to clean your pieces regularly especially after being exposed to moisture and humidity.
Try to store your jewelry separately so that different materials don’t scratch one another and in a dry place, preferably in an air tight bag. This prevents patina which is caused by oxidation.
Patina: The change in color and luster on the brass.
Oxidation: The darkening of brass due to exposure to compounds like cosmetics, perfume, other skin products and even our body’s own PH level.
To prevent this, you may clean your pieces as explained below.
FOR EVERYDAY MAINTENANCE
Wipe your pieces thoroughly with a jewelry polishing cloth. This cloth is laced with a chemical that cleans and maintain the shine of brass and silver pieces.
FOR RESTORING THE SHINE
- Mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice with 1 teaspoon of baking soda until it forms a paste-like texture.
- Apply the mixture onto your piece and rub with a cloth or a brush in one direction.
- Wipe off the paste, rinse and pat dry.
FOR DEEP CLEANING
Mix a cup of vinegar and a teaspoon of salt into a bowl.
- Leave your pieces into the bowl and rub with your fingers or use a brush for surfaces that are harder to reach.
- Rinse with water and pat dry.
- Wipe it with a jewelry polishing cloth to restore shine.
WARNING: Do not leave the pieces in for longer than 1 minute, as it could damage the brass and cause it to lose its original color.