Our Kaina ring is a vintage-inspired piece to remind us of days past. Its voluminous twisted design is handcrafted out of solid brass to make a timeless piece of jewellery that lasts forever.
The ring matches perfectly with our Luyku earrings, another vintage-inspired piece.
Weight: 12 grams
RING SIZE GUIDE
HOW TO MEASURE YOUR RING SIZE?
Find a piece of string or strip of paper.
Wrap it around the base of the appropriate finger.
Use a pen to mark the point on the string/paper where it overlaps, forming a complete circle.
With a ruler, measure the length from the starting end of the string/paper to the pen mark.
Use the chart above to determine your US ring-size.
TIPS TO MAKE SURE YOU FIND THE CORRECT SIZE
- Your fingers change size over the course of the day. Keep in mind if you’re very warm, your fingers will be bigger and if you’re cold they’ll be smaller. Measuring when you’re a bit warm will ensure that the ring will fit all the time.
- Keep in mind, your dominant hand will almost always be slightly bigger. Make sure to measure each finger individually.
- If your knuckle is bigger than the base of your finger, measure the widest point as well as the base of your finger and pick a size that is in between both.
- When using a string or paper to measure your finger, don’t let it get loose but don’t pull it tight. Doing either will skew the size of your ring.
- For best results, measure 3 or 4 times and compare results. You want to make sure the sizing is accurate.
- If you have a current ring that fits you can measure the inside diameter and use that to find your ring size.
How product is made
Process: Each piece is handcrafted in The Philippines.
Material: This piece is made of brass.
Brass is a natural and sustainable earth-derived material. An affordable alternative to gold that has a luxurious look and feel.
How to use
STORE YOUR PIECES
Your Golden Monstera pieces can definitely be worn anytime, anywhere. Even in the ocean. But to maintain its cleanliness and shine, be sure to clean your pieces regularly especially after being exposed to moisture and humidity.
Try to store your jewelry separately so that different materials don’t scratch one another and in a dry place, preferably in an air tight bag. This prevents patina which is caused by oxidation.
Patina: The change in color and luster on the brass.
Oxidation: The darkening of brass due to exposure to compounds like cosmetics, perfume, other skin products and even our body’s own PH level.
To prevent this, you may clean your pieces as explained below.
FOR EVERYDAY MAINTENANCE
Wipe your pieces thoroughly with a jewelry polishing cloth. This cloth is laced with a chemical that cleans and maintain the shine of brass and silver pieces.
FOR RESTORING THE SHINE
- Mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice with 1 teaspoon of baking soda until it forms a paste-like texture.
- Apply the mixture onto your piece and rub with a cloth or a brush in one direction.
- Wipe off the paste, rinse and pat dry.
FOR DEEP CLEANING
Mix a cup of vinegar and a teaspoon of salt into a bowl.
- Leave your pieces into the bowl and rub with your fingers or use a brush for surfaces that are harder to reach.
- Rinse with water and pat dry.
- Wipe it with a jewelry polishing cloth to restore shine.
WARNING: Do not leave the pieces in for longer than 1 minute, as it could damage the brass and cause it to lose its original color.