Who am I?
Hi, my botanical name is Eucalyptus Citriodora, but I am more commonly known as the Lemon Eucalyptus. I owe my name to my strong Cintronella scent, which can be smelled immediately after germination! My oil is used worldwide as an anti mosquito and protects for up to 4 hours with an effectiveness of 97%, so I am a real power plant!
Where do I come from?
I am originally from the northeastern part of Australia which is part of the Koala diet. Although I am a tree species, I also do very well in a pot in living rooms all over the world.
How big will I get?
Because I am a tree species, I can grow very large and my natural habitat can reach a height of 40 meters. The growth in a pot will limit me to about 2 meters.
How much do I want to drink?
I like high humidity and I like to be in slightly moist soil, so give me regular water! Do not let the soil dry out, I can tolerate a period of drought but my leaves will then wilt. I do recover, but my wilted leaves no longer do this.
Where do I want to be and what temperatures do I like?
I usually love a lot of light, so I like to be in full sun! However, be careful when there is a very strong sun, then I can burn especially when I stand behind the glass.
How product is made
Because it is a natural product, our range is partly seasonal.
How to use
- Step 1: place the coconut tablets in the jar and pour 200 ml of water on it.
- Step 2: Soak the seeds in lukewarm water for 24 hours.
- Step 3: plant two seeds as deep as they are large, make sure the seeds are completely covered with soil. Leave some space between the seeds so that they do not interfere with each other when germinating. You can keep the other seeds if the seeds do not germinate after the specified period.
- Step 4: Wrap the jar with cling film and put the jar in a warm, bright place.
- Step 5: keep the soil moist during the germination time.
- Step 6: give your plant(s) a name!
- Step 7: wait, the germination of this plant takes about 3 months