If you love earthy tones, Hekla is a soap for you. Mystic combination of amyris, also known as West Indian sandalwood, patchouli, and elemi will not leave you indifferent. If you could smell like a volcano, this would be the best scent for you.
All Hekla soaps are plastic-free, plant-based, and handmade making every soap bar unique varying in design and weight, while carefully selected organic*, plant-based ingredients have a skin-nourishing and regenerative effect. A recycled paper packaging has an environmental fact written related to the soap theme. Hekla soap is not tested on animals nor contains any animal-origin ingredients.
Hekla is one of the most active and famous Icelandic volcanos. Its surrounding area was once covered in birch woodlands, Icelandic only native tree.
Made in the Netherlands.
Always keep the soap in a dry place after use.
How product is made
Sodium Cocoate*, Sodium Olivate*, Sodium Shea Butterate*, Sodium Sweet Almondate, Sodium Apricot Kernelate, Sodium Sunflowerate*, Sodium Castorate*, Sodium Chloride, Amyris balsamifera Bark oil, Pogostemon cablin oil, Canarium luzonicum (elemi) gum oil, Mica (CI77019, CI 77861, CI 77491), Charcoal powder, limonene**
**naturally present in essential oil
In case of pregnancy, potential allergies, or any other condition, consult with your doctor before using the product.
About the ingredients:
Soypa handmade soaps contain carefully selected organic*, plant-based ingredients with skin nourishing and regenerative effect.
- Sweet almond oil* contains vitamin A and E, omega-3 fatty acids, and zinc. It has anti-inflammatory properties, improves skin tone, and helps with dry skin.
- Apricot kernel oil* is rich in vitamins such as vitamin A, B, C, and E and oleic and linoleic acids. It is moisturizing and has soothing and regenerative properties.
- Castor oil* contains linoleic acid which acts as a humectant to retain skin moisture. It stimulates tissue growth and reduces inflammation.
- Coconut oil* is high in lauric and linoleic acids, which hydrate and protect the skin. It reduces inflammation and increases collagen production.
- Olive oil acts as an antioxidant due to the high content of vitamins A, D, E, and K, which provide a moisturizing effect for the skin.
- Shea butter* has a moisturizing effect on the skin due to the content of linoleic, oleic, stearic, and palmitic acids. These acids restore lipids and retain skin moisture. It is anti-inflammatory and has antioxidant properties due to the significant levels of vitamins A and E.
- Sunflower oil* has a high content of antioxidant vitamin E and linoleic acid which maintains the skin’s natural barrier and improves hydration.
- Sea salt contains several skin-healing minerals, including sodium, magnesium, calcium, and potassium which absorb toxins and promote skin regeneration.
- Activated charcoal cleans the impurities and reduces the pore size. It is suitable for any skin type.
- Patchouli* essential oil is often used as an antidepressant, antiseptic, and as an insect repellent. It has a regenerative effect on the skin and helps with eczema and acne.
- Amyris essential oil, or “West Indian Sandalwood”, is known for its relaxing effect on stress and anxiety. It is also known as an insect repellent.
- Elemi* essential oil has antiseptic, skin protective effects and is often used for healing inflammation.