The Bambooya Safety Razor Starterskit contains our beloved bamboo safety razor, HelemaalShea shaving soap, a vegan shaving brush and 20 platinum stainless steel razor blades. Jump-start your new, eco-friendly shaving routine with this amazing pack. The Starterskit also makes a great gift for Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Christmas or of course birthdays!
The Bambooya Safety Razor is sharp, durable and looks awesome. No more single use disposable razors, just one classic razor that will last a lifetime. The product is 100% plastic free. For the handle we used bamboo – one of the fastest growing plants on earth. The Bambooya Safety Razor is very stable in the hand. Read more about the Bambooya Safety Razor here
The Safety Razor Starterskit also includes our favorite shaving soap from HelemaalShea. This natural shaving soap has Bentonite clay and lemon balm hydrolate ingredients. The Bentonite clay makes the Bambooya Safety Razor glide smoothly over the skin. It ensures a clean and smooth result. The lemon balm hydrolate in the soap softens the skin and helps wounds to heal faster. The HelemaalShea shaving soap scent is a combination of essential oils of cedarwood, pine, eucalyptus, lavender and rosemary. It’s perfect for both men and women.
How product is made
The Bambooya Safety Razor has a bamboo handle, as this is a product of nature the color may be different from the picture.
The HelemaalShea shaving soap has the following ingredients: saponified coconut oil*, saponified olive oil, saponified sunflower oil, glycerine, water, saponified cocoa butter*, saponified castor oil, lemon balm hydrolate*, bentonite clay, oat flour, essential oil of rosemary, cedarwood, pine, eucalyptus and lavender. INCI: Sodium Cocoate*, Sodium Olivate, sodium sunflowerseedate, glycerin, aqua, Sodium cocoa butterate*, Sodium Castorate, Melissa officinalis*, bentonite, avena sativa (oat) meal, Rosmarinus Officinalis (rosemary) flower oil, Juniperus Virginiana (cedar wood ) oil, Pinus Sylvestris (pine) oil, Eucalyptus Globulus oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (lavender) flower oil, linalool**, geraniol**, limonene**.
How to use
Using the Bambooya Safety Razor:
Tip: If it is your first shave with a Safety Razor, familiarize yourself with the blade by starting to shave on the simpler areas (e.g. on the legs). As soon as you understand the effect, you can shave the more sensitive areas.
- Make sure the skin area to be shaved is clean. Use warm/lukewarm water for this. Use shaving cream, this ensures less shaving resistance.
- Make sure you hold the Bambooya Safety Razor firmly.
- Hold the razor at an angle (30 degrees) so that the side of the blade touches your skin and pull the skin down taut with your other hand as well. This ensures the closest shave.
- You get the best result by moving the Bambooya Safety Razor with smooth, small movements in the direction of the hair. Make sure you clean the razor sufficiently and get rid of the hair residue during the shave.
- Finish the shave by rinsing the shaved skin surface and then drying it. Tip: use a lotion for moisturizing skin and an extra soft feeling.
HelemaalShea Shaving Soap can be used in multiple ways: For shaving underarms, legs and arms, you can rub the soap directly over the skin to release foam. It is best to use a shaving bowl for shaving the face.